1. Texas – 40-0 halftime. A running game. Onward secular soldier.
2. Florida - Great second half D. Riley Cooper needs a haircut. Another ho-hum win.
3. Alabama – Fairly methodical Alabama-style beatdown.
4. TCU – Too easy against the Utes. Utah wasn't legit.
5. Cincinnati – A win against overrated West Virginia.
6. Georgia Tech- Bulldozes Duke with 49 unanswered.
7. Pittsburgh - OK win over Domers. Big finish determines their year. Probably overrated.
8. LSU- Pathetic effort against La Tech. I want to punish them but don't trust those behind them that much more.
9. Boise State – Continue their series of bye weeks disguised as opponents. I was going to put them ahead of LSU then saw that Idaho dropped 500+ yards on their D.
10. Oklahoma State – Physical running game takes toll on Tech.
11. Ohio State - Taken to OT by a freshman QB in Columbus? The USC and Purdue losses look even more horrible as the year plays out.
12. Oregon – Bounce back win against Arizona State.
13. Stanford - Love what Harbaugh is doing on The Farm. Pete Carroll does not. Early season loss to Wake keeping them out of Top 10.
14. Iowa - Scrappy against Ohio State, but no dice.
15. Virginia Tech - Whip hapless Maryland.
16. Penn State - Weaker than record suggests. They drop off of a cliff against real competition.
17. Clemson - Whipping up on the ACC's lame and halt. Spiller is fun.
18. Oregon State - I like their physicality.
19. Miami – A real mess on the road.
20. North Carolina - Pretty solid win over Miami.
21. Nebraska - Do not sleep on the Big WAC North.
22. Arizona - Taken down by Cal without Best. Stoops just can't break through.
23. Houston – Bad D always catches up to you.
24. Wisconsin - Proves that I'm out of ideas.
25. USC - Lit up by Stanford. I'm generous to rank them.
|Last week's ballot|