Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
Texas plummets from the SB Nation BlogPoll.
Here's the wisdom of the Blognoscenti:
My major grievances:
- The bloggers continue to rank Ohio U in the Top 25 (now #23) despite the fact that their only meaningful win was the opener at Penn State. Penn State is a bad team in a bad league coming off of major scandal. This is the feather in their cap? The Bobcats beat UMass by 3 points. They beat Marshall by 3 points. They beat Akron by 6. Buffalo by 7. If you changed Ohio with the name of a respected FBS school, we'd all be mocking them. But the blogger's imperative to pull for the little guy over all common sense and a general desire to be "alternative" is winning out here. This is some hipster shit. Do not like. And before you tell me it's an imaginary poll and none of it matters, no shit, Einstein
- Mississippi State @ #14. I have them four lower. Incredibly kind schedule. Signature win is...Tennessee? I think Dan Mullen is a good coach, but I'm not sold on this
- Cincinnati ranked - I guess we'll find out about them against Louisville
- And this is mine:
Here's my ballot:
- A&M's loss to Florida looks increasingly good, but narrow victories over Ole Miss and Louisiana Tech give you some insight into their proper range. The declines of Arkansas, Auburn, and Missouri should benefit them immensely. The game against LSU will give us some insight into their offense against higher level defenses. Keep Manziel in the pocket, make him throw to the hash, and LSU should be good to go
- I rank Rutgers because they're actually pretty good on defense. They win ugly, but it's a respectable formula
- I'm being vindicated on my preseason Ohio State Top 10 projections. As for my preseason optimism with respect to Texas? NICE JOB!
- The drop off from teams 15-20 to 20-25 is fairly steep
- I only rank 2 Big 10 teams and they're lucky to have that
- Notre Dame has a great front 7 and plays textbook bend but don't break defense. You can move it a little between the 20s, but it's lockdown and field goals from there on. Can't wait to see them face USC
- Have to be impressed with what Will Muschamp is doing at Florida. The schedule is still brutal (South Carolina, Georgia, Florida St) but it's not unreasonable to think that they emerge from it at 2-1. And if a one loss Florida beats an undefeated Alabama, gird yourself for the SEC National Title Game rematch arguments that will be advanced from our East. Oregon needs to keep their eye on the prize, because a single hiccup will be deadly