Let's have your individual/unit predictions for the 2012 defense. Then we'll look back in January, 2013 and laugh at how wrong we were. Projected numbers include the bowl game (that's 13 games).
I'll take the least heralded member of the 2012 Longhorn secondary to lead us in interceptions. Phillips does a good job of keeping his eyes on the QB and he'll cover more ground that his predecessor. Diggs has a great knack for drifting opportunistically in coverage and high-pointing. Vaccaro has soft hands despite his punishing reputation. Byndom won't lead us in interceptions, primarily out of QB respect.
Tackles For Loss
- Jackson Jeffcoat - 21.5
- Alex Okafor - 16.5
- Steve Edmond - 16.0
- 268.3 yards per game allowed, #4 in CFB
- 15.6 points per game allowed, #6 in CFB
- #2 rushing defense
- #4 passing efficiency defense
- No DT will make more than 50 tackles. Four will make at least 20
- The Texas secondary will have 20+ interceptions on the year