Hello Texas fans!
I hope all is well as you await the Return of the Mack (Brown). My name is Jane, and I'm doing a little project.
I'm a Michigan fan, now living and working in DC. But I'm a fan of all of college football, except for Ohio State and Notre Dame for completely understandable reasons. I'm starting a project in which I choose a random BCS program to follow, badger bloggers and fans with stupid questions, and then watch every single game during the season and write about it. The project is based here: http://fansgonnafan.wordpress.com/ and you can learn more about my reasoning and the rules and regulations there.
One of the teams that's been highly (highly) recommended is Texas, so the good people here at Barking Carnival said "ask the fans some questions" and I said "okay" so here are questions for you as I make my extremely important decision:
Texas in 2013:
- On a scale of "dread" to "we are winning a goddamned title this year", how do you feel about Texas in 2013?
- What have been the off-season story lines to follow?
- Players to watch? (freshmen, returning upperclassmen, etc.)
- Coaches to watch (i.e. is Manny Diaz still at risk of being fired?)
- Players to be concerned about because they have a tendency to somehow be in the wrong place at the wrong time? I.E, which player is most like to be known as "f**king (player name)?"
- You meet someone who has never seen a Texas game, because they have lived under a rock or something. You have to show them one game from the past 15 years to explain what it means to be a Texas fan. Which game do you choose?
- Best moment as a Texas fan over the past 15 years? (National Championship, etc.)
- Worst moment as a Texas fan over the past 15 years? ('Route 66", etc.)
- Most-hated rival? Least-hated rival (i.e. they hate you but you don't care about them)?
- Why choose Texas?
Thanks for your help!