Some quick thoughts:
- We're a win in Stillwater away from the Top 10. Scary and fun. Question: if I offer you a 2-1 record right now against OSU, OU, WVU - do you take it?
- Four Big 10 teams ranked. Okaaaay. In football?
- When I explore how Texas is being ranked by other bloggers, it's interesting to note that we form an almost perfect bell curve around our #12 ranking. It's kind of amazing, actually. The edges of the bell curve where Texas is ranked highest comes from ballots cast by Ohio State, Indiana, and Iowa bloggers (I guess they like that we run the ball and don't pay players) and we're ranked lowest by a Husker blogger (SHOCKING), a MAC blogger, and a BCS guru. Kind of fun to look at ballots and see the regional biases
- Ohio is ranked because...OMG it's so ironic and aren't we all progressive bloggers? Give me a break. Their signature win was over a miserable Penn State in Week 1. Lives are at stake and I want this rectified
- Florida State has a clear path to the MNC game if they take care of business. Not exactly a Seminole core competency over the last decade