You’ve been reading a steady stream of thoughts from our end on how the 2017 season will shape up for Texas - now it’s your turn. Post your predictions for some of the season’s most intriguing questions below - we’ll keep this open until we kick off against Maryland and then lock the comments, and come back to it after the season. Since editing is wonky on this platform, feel free to reply to your own comment if you need to change or amend anything prior to 9/2.
The top three finishers will all receive FREE copies of the 2018 edition of Thinking Texas Football, and the overall winner will get a guest spot on the Regular Season Wrap-Up Edition of the Barking Carnival Unplugged Podcast where he or she can share the secrets of their prognosticatin’ prowess.
- Regular season record (1 point)
- Bowl game (which bowl we play in) (1 point, 2 points for Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl)
- Break-Out Player of the Year, Offense [Excluding Shane Buechele, Collin Johnson, Connor Williams or Chris Warren) (1 point)*
- Break-Out Player of the Year, Defense [Excluding Poona Ford, Malik Jefferson, P.J. Locke, Malcolm Roach] (1 point)*
- Receiving Yards Leader (1 point if Collin Johnson, 2 points if not Collin Johnson)
- Rushing Yards Leader (1 point)
- Sacks Leader (Excluding Malcolm Roach) (1 point)
- Best win/highest-ranked opponent (end of season) (1 point)
- Worst loss/lowest-ranked opponent (end of season) (1 point)
- Will Sam Ehlinger start a regular season game? (1 point if no, 2 points if yes)
- Will Malik get benched (not due to injury) for the start of a regular season game? (2 points if yes, 1 point if no)
Bonus: Number of 1st-team All-Conference players (1 point), Number of 1st/2nd team All-Conference players (2 points)
Note: Break-Out Players of the Year will be subjectively determined by Scipio Tex and Nobis60 following the Texas Tech game.
If you’re looking for a crib sheet to help you finalize your picks...you know what to do.