If you’ve read the 2019 Thinking Texas Football season preview, you know I’m fairly optimistic about this Texas team and its potential. However, every time Tom Herman wears his Gilligan hat, I silently subtract .25 wins from our season total.
A beanie with a propeller would inspire more confidence.
- Injuries: Ingram tweaked his knee and Sterns rolled his ankle. Will be further evaluated
- No plans to move Jake Smith to RB from slot
- “Got a bit chaotic when offense sped tempo.” My thoughts: The D was hurt by this last year. They need to find some base calls they’re comfortable in and Orlando needs to stop trying to get in a better coverage call as the ball is being snapped
- Corners were up and down. Lost some 50/50 balls
- “Cade Brewer is between 248-250 pounds.” So, like...249?
- LB Caleb Johnson was clocked at 20.5 mph on a kickoff
- One 3rd down package features Roach at nose, McCulloch & Ossai at end and 8 DBs. “Fun toy to have.”
- Confident in 6 OL. But Imade, Moore and Jones are making progress
- Freshman LB Marcus Tillman: “I love him. He’s going to play a lot of football here. It’s going to be fun to watch his development.”
- Biggest concern? Youth on defense. Really talented but need to mature.
Amazon (now available in print edition)