Just a few quick notes about Mack's first 150 games at Texas, including comparisons to Royal at the same stage:
- We've won 124 of Mack's 150 games. In order to get to 124 wins moving back in time before Mack got here, you would need 204 games.
- Darrell Royal was 120-30 in his first 150 games. Of course back then that took one game shy of 15 seasons to reach versus Mack's less than 12 seasons.
- Mack is 78-18 in his 96 conference games. Royal was 80-20-2 in conference play during his first 150 overall contests.
- Mack's teams have scored 1.98 points for every point allowed. Royal's had scored 2.15 for every one allowed.
- Mack is 65-6 at home, 44-9 on the road, and 15-11 in neutral site games.
- Mack is 6-6 against Oklahoma and 8-3 against Texas A&M. Royal, at the 150 game mark, was 12-3 against Oklahoma and 14-1 against Texas A&M.