Texas Tech opened up an early 14-0 lead against a lethargic Longhorn effort, but Texas found its footing and dominated a weak and injury-stricken Red Raider defense, outscoring them 49-10 for the rest of the game, giving the Texas seniors a nice send off in a rainy DKR.
- Sam Ehlinger was terrific, throwing for a highly efficient 348 yards while adding 83 yards with his legs. He accounted for 4 TDs (2 rushing, 2 passing). He threw the ball with extraordinary accuracy despite awful conditions and ran with authority
- Devin Duvernay dominated. 6 catches, 199 yards, 1 td. Including a 75 yard score. The senior will most certainly be All Big 12 and garner mentions on some All-American teams
- Roschon Johnson rushed for a career high 3 TDs on his way to 105 hard fought yards
- Jake Smith had 3-51-1 in a strong supporting effort
- Daniel Young got some late run and ran extremely hard at 5 yards per clip against a run focused Tech front
- Marqez Bimage had the best game of his career with a sack, forced fumble, recovered fumble and two big QB pressures
- The Texas defense was destroyed in the 1st half by Jett Duffey and the Tech passing game, but held up well in the 2nd half as Texas opened a considerable lead and forced Tech into more predictable passing situations. The Horns surrendered 470 yards in all, but limited Tech to a 2nd half field goal
The Longhorns totaled 610 yards of offense in all. Now 7-5, they’ll wait to see what bowl invitation awaits.