A trip 'round the Internets for St. Patrick's Day/Bracket Recovery Day
- Congrats to the Lady Longhorns: #8 seed in Greensboro. They play Minnesota in the first round and if they win, all they have to then is beat the #1 overall seed, some team called UConn or something.
- A Longhorn makes a pre-all Tournament team. It's not who you think. Or the reason you think.
- Some people think Virginia Tech got robbed by the selection committee. I think it's we red-blooded heterosexual males who got robbed by their disinclusion.
- PB and AW engage in some early tournament pillow talk. I'm going by the time of posting for my snarky comment. Also: I don't judge.
- Dude, Digger. You're gonna draw back a stump if you keep that up.
Storming the Floor plots out the South Bracket first round. He picks the Cardinal over Cornell. He better hope Andy Bernard's anger management training is still working its magic. He's still stewing over Stamford; Stanford would push him back over the edge.
Go Big Red!
- Despite our advanced technologies, we still can't figure out a way to ensure Gus Johnson can be two places at one time. Therefore, we must settle for Ian Eagle and Jim Spanarkel.
- You'd think things couldn't get worse for Kevin Durant and the Sonics. You'd be wrong.
- The Internet continues to provide ways to waste vast amounts of time: Sports Illustrated is going to be opening up its vault. (Via The Big Lead)
- Meh. This Michigan story seems pretty benign. Maybe it's because I grew up in the SWC and thus built up some immunity to athletic scandals. Which I guess is kind of the point.
- The PowerPoint heard 'round the world. Or at least 'round the World Wide Leader in Sports. It's a long article, but if you're interested in sports media and the ways ESPN has inserted itself into just about everything, it's pretty fun. You've come a long way, Bristol.