With Colorado beating Colorado State 38-17 Sunday night, The Big 12 finished the first week with a 10-2 record.
The competition was for the most part the typical dregs you find at the bottom of the barrel for the first week of action for a BCS conference.
The first week of Big 12 non-conference opponents held few surprises.
* There were 9 home games, 2 neutral site contests, and one true road trip (Oklahoma State at Washington State).
* The league went 2-1 against other BCS opponents -- Missouri beating Illinois, Oklahoma State clubbing the WSU Cougars, and Baylor losing to Wake Forest.
* The league went 3-0 against 1-AA (excuse me, Football Championship Series) teams, including one -- South Dakota State that played Iowa State in their first D-1 game after moving up from D-2 football.
* Aside from Illinois, the only other D-1 team on the Big 12 schedule with a winning record was Florida Atlantic. In fact the 9 D-1 teams combined for a 47-63 record last season.
* Next week, Eastern Washington makes another appearance. After losing to Texas Tech this week the Eagles will travel to Colorado. There are a couple of other D-1AA teams that will play Big 12 teams, but Cincinnati, Houston and Nevada are also on the schedule.