ESPN released its announcer lineup for the upcoming college football season, and former Colorado coach Dan Hawkins made the roster. Best of all he is teamed with a returning BC announcing All-American, Pam Ward.
Ward and Hawkins will work Saturday afternoon games on ESPNU, which means mostly Big 10 games for Dan to use as a platform to wax poetic. Wonder if he will first stop by the Sweat Lodge...
Other random notes about the ESPN college football roster:
*-- As expected, Urban Meyer passed his spring finals exams and will work Saturday noon ET games on ESPN with commentator Dave Pasch and analyst Chris Spielman.
* -- Apparently Ed Cunningham pissed somebody off at the WWL. He has been dropped down from the ABC Saturday afternoon games to working with play-by-play announcer Mark Jones on ESPN2.
* -- Bob Davie and pbp announcer Bob Wischusen, who worked ESPN2 last season, move back up the ladder to ABC Saturday Afternoon telecasts.
* -- Brian Griese has been sent to Siberia, AKA ESPNU where he will work with somebody named Clay Matvick.
The ABC Saturday Night team stays intact, with Musburger and Herbstreit once again joined by Erin Andrews on the sidelines.
* -- Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge will again work the ESPN Saturday prime time game.
* -- Rece Davis is still saddled with Craig James and Jesse Palmer on Thursday broadcasts. Sean McDonough and Matt Millen will still be together on ABC Saturday afternoons.
So while one former Big 12 coach finds work on ESPN, another still languishes out at sea.