Here is the national SBNation BlogPoll ballot:
- I don't understand voters - Auburn was ranked so convincingly in the preseason? They're 1-0. Why abandon them now? Hey, Cam Newton and Nick Fairley really are gone, voters actually realize.
- Michigan State looked like garbage in their opener - I dropped them from my Top 25, the collective blognoscenti maintained.
- Everyone is gaga over Baylor. Aside from the indisputable magnificence that is RGIII, I think they're in for a rude awakening.
And here's my indefensible ballot:
As with all early ballots, it's nearly useless, built on a cavalcade of supposition and opinion predicated on a team's facility in blowing out a bad opponent or an unhealthy level of reward for beating another team that is reckoned to be good (Oregon, Georgia, TCU) but may actually not be at all (Oregon, Georgia, TCU).
- I maintained ranking Notre Dame largely because Dayne Crist has been benched and this was a necessary step to their taking the next step. That and I'm easily overawed by Knute Rockne footage.
- Remember how last week I mentioned wanting to rank South Florida, but couldn't pull the trigger? Yeah. Sorry.
- I understand ranking LSU #1, but if Alabama played LSU on a neutral site right now, what's the line? Exactly.
- I dropped USC and Michigan St for lack of style points in victory. They'll have to earn their way back into my heart.
- I ranked Robert Griffin III
#25 #26 in the country. Not Baylor. Just RGIII.
Feel free to attack, like a chimpanzee on genitals.