Here it is, all prettied up courtesy of BON
|Wide Receiver (H)||7||Marcus Johnson|||||23||Daje Johnson||OR||17||Ryan Newsome|
|Wide Receiver (Z)||1||John Burt|||||8||Dorian Leonard|||||88||Ty Templin|
|Tight End (Y)||47||Andrew Beck|||||42||Caleb Bluiett|
|Right Tackle||76||Kent Perkins|||||75||Tristan Nickelson|
|Right Guard||77||Patrick Vahe|||||58||Brandon Hodges|
|Center||74||Taylor Doyle|||||50||Jake Raulerson|
|Left Guard||66||Sedrick Flowers|||||72||Elijah Rodriguez|
|Left Tackle||55||Connor Williams|||||65||Marcus Hutchins|
|Wide Receiver (X)||3||Armanti Foreman|||||11||Jacorey Warrick|||||6||DeAndre McNeal|
|||||13||Jerrod Heard|||||14||Kai Locksley|
|Tailback||32||Johnathan Gray|||||33||D'Onta Foreman|||||25||Chris Warren III|
|Place-Kicker||23||Nick Rose|||||28||Nick Jordan|
|Fox End||40||Naashon Hughes|||||49||Derick Roberson|||||90||Charles Omenihu|
|Tackle (Nose)||99||Desmond Jackson|||||93||Paul Boyette, Jr.|||||94||Alex Norman|
|Tackle||95||Poona Ford|||||98||Hassan Ridgeway|||||97||Chris Nelson|
|Strong End||1||Shiro Davis|||||91||Bryce Cottrell|||||92||Quincy Vasser|
|Middle LB||46||Malik Jefferson|||||30||Tim Cole|
|Strongside LB||19||Peter Jinkens|||||45||Cameron Townsend|
|CB||21||Duke Thomas|||||9||Davante Davis|||||15||Bryson Echols|
|Free Safety||31||Jason Hall|||||11||PJ Locke|||||26||Adrian Colbert|
|Strong Safety||44||Dylan Haines|||||18||Kevin Vaccaro|
|CB||24||John Bonney|||||25||Antwuan Davis|||||2||Kris Boyd|
|Nickel||24||John Bonney||OR||21||Duke Thomas|||||11||PJ Locke|
|Punter||13||Michael Dickson|||||38||Mitchell Becker|
|Punt Returns||23||Daje Johnson|||||21||Duke Thomas|
|Kickoff Returns||23||Daje Johnson||AND||32||Johnathan Gray|
|Kickoffs||23||Nick Rose|||||28||Nick Jordan|
|Snapper (PAT/FG)||45||Kyle Ashby|
|Snapper (Punts)||45||Kyle Ashby|
Some quick thoughts:
- Multiple freshmen starting. Six true and redshirt. Two dozen true and redshirt freshmen on the depth chart overall. Real young.
- This depth chart is written in clay, not stone. It will look different by midseason.
- Ridgeway's back issues basically kept him from practicing. He'll play and his snaps will be dictated by health and conditioning.
- We knew about starting two true freshmen on the OL, but it's shocking to see it in black and white. Best five start - so don't expect orderly replacements if a starter goes down.
- Antwuan Davis has clearly stepped up. He's listed as #2 CB, but the OR between Duke Thomas and John Bonney is interesting. It appears that Davis is the 3rd corner overall and will start in our base nickel D unless we go with a three safety package. Bryson Echols has receded, which we predicted in the preview. PJ Locke beat out Adrian Colbert (who had been having a good camp) for #2 FS. That's impressive.
- Davante Davis is backing up Duke Thomas. Kris Boyd also in the mix. The freshman DB class is as good as advertised.
- Daje Johnson backing up Marcus Johnson is interesting. I don't read too much into it - he and Johnson are cross-trained at other positions and can be on the field at the same time. It's also a message to Daje not to coast.
- Shiro Davis better watch his back. Bryce Cottrell had a good camp and he's arguably the most gifted pass rusher on the team. The growth of Cottrell and Roberson allowed the Bluiett TE move.
- Jinkens gets his shot again. He has started for three different defensive coordinators in his career at Texas. And been benched by all of them. Jean-Mary and Strong are talking break-out. Let's see it.
- We're going to spend a lot of time in nickel, which takes WLB Freeman off of the field.
- Dylan Haines was predicted to be eclipsed at safety by a lot of people. Not us. He's got physical limitations but he has better range and anticipation than his testing suggests.
- Lorenzo Joe didn't make the depth chart. Interesante.
- This is a really young football team.