The collective opinion of the blognoscenti after the jump.
Results for Week 2
SB Nation BlogPoll College Football Rankings 2011
My nits to pick:
- Arizona is ranked based on beating a team at home that isn't a Top 25 team. At least not until Wes Lunt is seasoned
- Stanford will be losing at least 2 of their next 4 games
- Ohio. Very bloggy and cute. Beating Penn State isn't a qualification. The blogosphere will explode when they best Norfolk State!
- Last week, BlogPollers considered Wisconsin a Top 15 team even after struggling in their opener. They lost to Oregon State. Wisconsin and Oregon State are now unranked. Yet Michigan State is the #8 team after edging Boise State at home. Boise State now unranked. Michigan's State's profile currently trending upwards. Got it?
- For the second straight week, we won the homerism award, but notice that delta shifting towards Texas. We're a road win at Ole Miss and Oklahoma State away from the rest of the pollsters to catching up to me. Fingers crossed.
I also laughed at this most Big 10 of Big 10 behaviors:
First up are The Chip Kelly Award for Boldness and Jim Tressel's Numb Existence. The former goes to the voter with the ballot most divergent from the poll at large. The number you see is the average difference between a person's opinion of a team and the poll's opinion.You may remember that Eleven Warriors topped this category last week, and that four Big Ten blogs were in the top five. It's incredible that the Big Ten blogs are the same ones, though, and it's almost like they're slow to react to macro-scale shifts in college football.
# Blog Team Ballot Avg Error 1 Eleven Warriors Ohio St. Buckeyes ballot 1.39 2 Maize n Brew Michigan Wolverines ballot 1.40 3 Burnt Orange Nation Texas Longhorns ballot 1.44 4 Sippin on Purple Northwestern Wildcats ballot 1.52 5 Bucky's 5th Quarter Wisconsin Badgers ballot 1.57
B1G 10 speed, y'all. Joined surprisingly by Burnt Orange Nation. What the what? Say it ain't so, sista site. Why even fill out a ballot just to copy/paste the AP poll? Do i dare eat a peach?